Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS



Urban Dictionary defines FWB in many ways, I found the definitions to be both funny and enlightening.
Here are 2 definitions that I found to be particularly interesting. Now of course when I look at these definitions, I cant help but compare it to my "friendship" with 007. Especially in light of the recent cat sack incident. sooooo....



A healthy, fun sexual relationship between two people......
Until one falls for the other, The friendship blows to
pieces. And those two people find themselves worse off than
they were before.



Two friends who have a sexual relationship without being emotionally involved. Typically two good friends who have casual sex without a monogamous relationship or any kind of commitment


hmmmm.... what's wrong with that? Doesn't sound like a bad thing now does it? 2 friends not emotionally involved having a good time together, what could be wrong with that? well one would think there would be nothing wrong with that as long as both parties are able to keep the "friendship" casual and commitment free. but what if one is not able to do that? what if one of the 2 is unable to stay emotionally uninvolved... what if one of the 2 develops feelings beyond just FWB's?
Do you then jump to the first definition in that the friendship will now blow to pieces? Are you worse off then before? Is the friendship doomed to failure? Maybe! Can a casual relationship survive, if one person has moved past just being casual? What if there was the ability to keep those feelings in check, that she was able to contain those feelings, keep them to herself..(and I am saying she here because I believe in most FWB situations, it is the woman that will, in my opinion
be the one to fall for the man) so back to what I was saying... if she is able to control her feelings, able to keep them to herself, is she shortchanging herself? Is she settling for less than she is worth?
What if She is ok with it, what does that say about her? Does it mean she values herself less? or is that she doesn't really know what she wants at this moment, and she's exploring a different path than what has been the norm for her? is there anything wrong with being unsure of what you want? I dont think so, but what if what you are unsure about is exactly what you want? Am I even making any sense today? (Do I ever really make sense to anyone but me? probably not.. ) So, at what point does she make a decision to share those feelings? Does she throw it out there and hope the feelings are returned? Does she eventually just move on once she has decided what she wants in her life? Seems like an easy decision you would think right, but now she is emotionally involved which means, well as long as he is ok with the situation, she will most likely stay. So where does that leave me with 007, it leaves me right where I was a few weeks ago.... see heartbreak blog below.

No comments:

Post a Comment