Friday, July 17, 2009

drunk texting should be illegal.


So here I am still awake, why? because my phone keeps going off, I thought at first it was just a random face book update, but then when it didn't stop I figured I'd better make sure it wasn't an emergency. Nope... just a drunk texter... ugh! There is something incredibly irritating about drunk texts, first of all, the texts rarely make sense, words are misspelled, takes 3 texts to send 5 words, but most of all the person really thinks you want to know what they have to tell you. In this case that couldn't be farther from the truth. I have no desire to know that you still think about me, that you wish things could be different, that you know you made the wrong decision, that you are sorry. I've heard it all before, many times, at many different hours, by text, by email, by song lyrics, the message is always the same, and my answer is always the same... that was a long time ago, and I am much better off now. I send a quick text in response that simply says " are you sure you wouldn't rather be texting her instead?" It usually does the trick. Not tonight, tonight he has much to say about alot of things, I don't answer, as I do not want to encourage the texts, and eventually I just turn my phone off. Alcohol induced discoveries about the past are never a good thing. So what do I do with that? What do I say anymore? I understand where the feelings are coming from, I felt them once so many years ago, but I do not feel that way anymore. The decision to leave although not mine was the best decision for everyone involved. Why can't the past just stay in the past? and why must the past pick up a phone and try to have a one sided alcohol induced conversation?

No comments:

Post a Comment