Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sail Away....



the invitation came the other day to sail on a quiet adventure around the bay and then to Half Moon Bay for dinner. I have not been able to get this invitation out of my mind. I am not sure if it is because I am tempted to climb aboard and set sail, or because I .... who am I kidding, it is because I am tempted to set foot on board and sail off into the sunset.

But why? What is there to gain by taking this small journey? What is missing in my life that I think I will find there? For the life of me I can not think of anything. Maybe it is the restless feeling I still get, the need for adventure. The temptation of the unknown. Maybe it is the stillness I may find on the water regardless of the company that entices me. Whatever it is I find myself one step away from the edge of the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment