Friday, September 4, 2009

Old Friends and New Numbers

What a long week, I was happy to see Friday arrive. A few days off will be nice. I am looking forward to the plans I have made for the entire weekend. It should be interesting indeed. A blog for another day I am sure.

I ran into an old friend today at the bank. Ok maybe not so much an old friend as in a guy I used to date a long time ago. He was a nice guy, and well that was probably his downfall. Poor guy. And it didn't help that he was also during the Rob era and well, anyone I met then met with the same fate, one date and never to be called again. A casualty of a time when I wished I knew now what I knew then. This guy however had actually made it to 3 dates before he was sadly removed from my social calender. I had a bit of a wait at the bank and enjoyed a lovely conversation, he said he had wondered why I kept saying no to his requests for another date, then he said he had seen Rob and I out one night, and he figured that was the reason. Oh that era of my life, and the lessons I have learned from it. Imagine what my life would be like now had I not gone down that road. Then again, I would not have a few of the friends that I have now had I not. I guess everything is an exchange for something else.

So we stood there and talked for about 30 min, his daughter is now 16 and we shared driving stories. It was casual conversation, no awkwardness, and it was easy. He said he had seen me a few times downtown recently, but hadn't said anything. He figured I was probably married and blissfully happy by now. I held up my left hand. :) He asked if I wanted to grab lunch sometime, and quickly wrote down his number on a deposit slip told me to give him a call and then walked out as I walked up to the teller.

So what do I do with that? My thoughts immediately went to Bond. I haven't really dated anyone since he has been in the picture. I am not very good at dating multiple people. And my feelings for Bond keep me from really dating anyone else. I did a long time ago, but I would then compare to the way I felt when I was with him, and if it didn't compare, they didn't get a second date. Isn't that absolutely insane? How can a man have that much power? Oh I know, because I allow it. What is wrong with me? Crazy girl!! :)

So here the phone number sits in my purse, I did not put it into my phone, I did not say yes I would call him. What do I do with it? I know what I would like to have with Bond, and I don't know that it will ever be possible. Do I need to stop the bus, get off and look for someone that will be able to some day (not today or tomorrow) be able to give me all the things I need? Do I hold out hope there will be some magical, change of behavior and feelings? What to do? What to do?

Well I better get going, I am having dinner with Mr. Bond this evening, and I must get in the shower and get ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment