Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Truth Shall Set Me Free



How much truth does one share? If what we need to say could possibly hurt another should we keep it to ourselves? If what we feel or think is not what someone wants to hear, should we in fact change what we say to fit what we think they want to hear?
Are we obligated by our relationships with people to with hold information, change the details, leave out the facts, just to keep them in our life?

Do we look at the big picture and decide for them, without their knowledge what they deserve to know and what they don't? Are we afraid of the outcome if we speak our mind and say what we are really thinking? Are we afraid to hurt their feelings, or anger them? What if the truth could change your relationship/friendship? Does that mean you do not speak it?

There was a time long ago that I was terrified of the truth, of knowing the facts, to face the details. But not anymore, I believe in knowledge there is power, the power to make your own decisions, rather than having someone make them for you. Hindsight is 20/20 and I can't change the past, but I can hope for honesty in the future.

Because in honesty I will find peace, and the truth shall set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment